Operation Christmas Child is a hands-on way for Canadians to bless struggling children in the developing world by filling shoeboxes with toys, hygiene items, school supplies, and other items. We collect the boxes and distribute them in the name of Jesus Christ to children living in desperate situations.
Trinity Church is so excited to be partnered with Samaritian's Purse OCC Shoebox Donation Project this year!
1. Start with an average SHOEBOX.
2. Decide whether to pack for a BOY or GIRL
and on the AGE range: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14.
3. FILL! Select a quality “wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal. Then add other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies.
(NO candy; toothpaste; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes [powdered or liquid]; liquids [including paint, glue, lip gloss, rubber balls with liquid inside] or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans; face cards in card decks; saws or pocketknives; camouflage; realistic squirt guns; dice.)
4. Most importantly, PRAY for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note with your contact information, a prayer, verse, and photo!
5. If you would like to GIFT WRAP the box, make sure the lid and bottom are wrapped separately so that it can open.
6. BRING your box to the Frost residence by November 15th and place on the church pew outside.
As a Church, we are hoping to send at least 50 boxes this year and have already paid the cost of shipping for these boxes! If you need a shoebox, you can pick one up at the Frost residence.